Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Wall on a Monday



 Well.  Scrappy Trip Along progress.   Twenty blocks and growing.  I still have not decided how big this is going to be but I do like it.  Last week, I took a picture and said that I was making sure that every block had a yellow diagonal.  I looked at the blocks on the wall this morning after a week of not staring at them, to see that I had messed up on 4 of the blocks.  Ack!  A little unpicking and all the blocks had a yellow diagonal.  Silly me.





I sewed a bunch of the strip sets together at the sew in and managed to sew a few blocks together but really, at a sew in, it is more about the people than the sewing.  At least I think so.  I have to say that there were a lot of us making these at the sew in.  And we each brought strips, mixed them up, made a block and then had a draw for the blocks.  Fun!  Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday


Sew in random scrappy trip along blocks.  

11 comments:

  1. Wow--I REALLY like the yellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like rainbow sherbet!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it!! This quilt reminds me of Skittles candy and makes me happy just looking at!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the yellow is great and sets off the pattern. I do like the scrappy one too, it has a very old world charm to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful fabric selections for this project. Very cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love those bright colors. May have to make one like this. It's kinds of an addicting pattern isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the spring colors in this. Gives me a bit of spring fever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the yellow in each block. I am purposing to put grey in each of mine ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You are getting a lot of blocks done way faster than I am. It looks great! I love your seam ripping trick, it's a big help with this block.

    ReplyDelete