Friday, August 1, 2014
Scrap busting... a work in progress
The other day, I think it was Tuesday, I decided that I had to do something about my scrap situation. It was getting out of control. Don't get me wrong... my scraps are organized in plastic shoe boxes by colour. All neat and tidy and organized but I was having trouble closing the lids on some of the boxes. Yoiks. So... armed with my rotary cutter and my snazzy new super sized cutting mat, I cut a bunch of strips from small scale print scraps. And before you could say, "Happy birthday, Olfa Rotary cutter!" I had a pile of 2.25" strips already to go.
Well, it took a bit longer than that. I started making little 9 patch blocks on Wednesday and made a bunch more yesterday and then I had 70 of those little suckers. It just sort of happened in between picking buckets of blueberries.
I used a vintage pattern featured in the July and August Quilty Magazine. I just had to make it. Today I sewed all the blocks together in rows. It looks pretty good up there on the design wall. I have a thing for blocks on point! And my scrap boxes are still full! It is a problem!