Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Work in Progress Wednesday


I have two projects on the go at the moment.  I have the Illusions quilt (Missouri Star Quilt Company) on the floor and basted.  I am totally debating the quilting of this one.  Hmmm.  My go to straight lines but in what particular permutation????? More thinking on that one.

I also started a new baby quilt.  Two of my teachers had babies in January so I need to replenish the baby quilt inventory.  I saw this simple rail fence block over at Red Pepper Quilts in pink and yellow.  Perfect.  I dove into the pink and yellow scrap boxes and added some black and white prints for fun.  Just like that.  Instant baby quilt on the go.   Well.  It did take me a good part of a day but I used a lot of scraps. And that is a good thing!

 Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday!  Quilt guild tomorrow night.  Woo hoo!


6 comments:

  1. Both quilts are bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink and yellow one! I've got an Illusions quilt in the works too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Illusions for the win! This is a great masculine quilt example too. I hope you have a recipient in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the illusions quilt floats, pondering what quilting would amplify it. Speedy quilter, might it be ready for the show??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making the Illusions quilt too! The hope it to finish it up this month! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete