Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Berries in the Fog

 Name:  Berries in the Fog
Design:  Improv under the influence... Chess on the Steps by Krista Hennebury
Size:  34"" by 32"
Fabric:Kona solids in greys, pinks, purples and a touch of white
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in grey and cerise in straight lines in 2 directions

I took this workshop with the lovely Krista about a month ago and finally finished it on the weekend.  A few things seemed to get in the way of the finish but I am so pleased with it!  First of all, Krista is an excellent teacher and I thoroughly enjoyed taking the class with her.  If you get a chance, jump on it!  The quilting took a little bit longer because I straight lined it in my awesome Aurifil in 2 directions.  All that starting and stopping took awhile!  I faced the quilt rather than binding in a traditional way and I think it looks fabulous!  Berries in the fog.  

Thinking that I will pop this into the Blogger's Spring Quilt Festival , small quilts category, because it just seems like a good idea!

Pop on over and see all the lovelies!


spring 2015 BQF Button

11 comments:

  1. I love how you did the quilting. I think it was worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applause!! A few of these finishes are popping up in blogland and I could not be happier to see how everyone chose to quilt and finish their work. Thanks for those kind words Cathy - I'm so glad you had a good time in class. I love the colours in your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors. Love the Cabin in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors. Love the Cabin in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I love that you made yours bigger than mine. Isn't it a fun process? That last photo of it is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colour way Cathy. It's striking!

    ReplyDelete