Sunday, March 6, 2016

Time flies and a work in progress


Last weekend I spent Saturday in the company of my peeps from the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt guild.  We got together to put together as many quilt tops as possible for the Syrian refugee families that are coming to our area.  We were very productive.  My featherweight and I made enough St. Louis 16 patch blocks for a good sized quilt and then I started on a second.  Not too bad considering there was also a bit of socializing going on.

I have also been working on a grand baby quilt.  Daughter is going with a woodland theme so I ordered some of the prints from the line Hello Bear by Bonnie Christine for Art Gallery Fabrics.  Very cute.  Lovely drapey fabrics as is the case with Art Gallery.  In order to take advantage of the animals, I cut the squares to 6.5".  It looks pretty cute.  I added in a few other prints including the small grey dot from Zen Chic line, Modern Paper.  That particular dot is a lovely soft grey with a tiny dot pattern. An almost solid.  Love it.  This went together fast and it is sandwiched and ready for quilting today.

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! Love your combinations of fabrics, you have such a great eye!

    ReplyDelete