Friday, November 11, 2016

All the Pretty Colours


    Name:  All the Pretty Colours
Design:  from Kaffe Fasset GLorious Patchwork: Pieced Stripes Quilt
Size:  76.5" by 82"
Fabric: Stash fabrics, backing Anna Maria Horner
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 40 and 50 wt straigh lines, 1/2" apart

So this was fun!  It is a glorious explosion of colours.  All the colours of fall wrapped up in one quilt.  This is a quilt from Kaffe Fassett's book Glorious Patchwork.  The design is called Pieced Stripes quilt.  But that is just a bit boring.  So, I am calling this All the Pretty Colours. The pattern just tells you how to make it but does not include templates so really it is all up to you once you select the fabric.  The design suggests a colour story and I loved it so much that I repeated it as much as possible in my fabric picks.  Lots of solids, near solids, and a dash of Alison Glass's End paper line really made this work.


I quilted it in straight lines, with 3 different shades of Aurifil but with Dove in the bobbin. I used 1243, a soft purple, 4020, a fuchsia,  and then a 40 wt fabulous golden yellow, 5015.  It was a slog to quilt as it is a big one but my Janome Horizon handled it, no problem.  It was just a bit heavy for me to wrangle.

So there it is a finish.  I am quite pleased with it.  Linking up with Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.






11 comments:

  1. I love this! Very bright and cheerful. Lots of fun fabrics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an explosion of color, and I love it! Well done👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well isn't that just beautiful. I think we all need a rainbow quilt in our lives at present.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this one. The warm colors sparkle very nicely against the cool colors and grays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fabulous quilt! Great job with the color placement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this very much Cathy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete