Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Basics


I have been reading the reflections and  predictions on Sew Mama Sew for the upcoming year in quilting. Trends and so on.  Very interesting.  And a few of those quilters interviewed are saying what I have been noticing over the past while.  The new fabric lines come at us fast and furiously.  It is hard to keep up with all the bounty.  I find myself gravitating more to solids, and near solids when purchasing fabric of late. And it seems that other quilters are sharing that idea and there have been a lot of major de-stashing on Instagram as quilters try to re-focus their fabric stashes.   I have my go tos.  Reliable basics which include the Kona cottons.  I have been stocking up on the brilliant colours found in the Moda Basic Grey Grunge line and I am such a fan of Alison Glass's Endpaper line.  Oh my goodness!  The colours are to die for.

Some of my absolute favourites are Clown Stripe by Timeless Treasures, Kona White, and I love, love love Michael Miller's Kiss Dot in Fog.  I buy Kona white by the bolt and keep yards and yards of the other two in my stash.  The threads of choice have to be Aurifil 2024 and 2600.  What are your fabric go tos?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of Moda Bella solids. I have been building up a great big stash of them and probably should start buying my favorite grey by the bolt! If I pick a print, I'm drawn to Tula Pink and Heather Ross. I love Kaffe Fasset's dot prints, too. =)

    ReplyDelete