Friday, March 30, 2018

I Spy for Harrison


  Name: I Spy for Harrison
Design:  4" squares
Size:  56" by 63"
Fabric: Stash fabrics, Kona Medium Grey and Timeless Treasures Clown Stripe In black
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in dove i
Backing:  Hoarded Little Golden Books fabric

So our wee grand boy is growing up fast and it was time to make him an I Spy quilt.  I have made a lot of these over the years but this is the first time I am making one for family and I have been saving some special 4" squares just for this purpose.  There are some hoarded Heather Ross fabrics and even some Pima cotton llamas from yardage I bought in Lima almost 29 years ago.  It is beautiful beautiful cotton and this was the first time that I cut into it!  I loaded this one with all sorts of stuff that our little guy is interested in.  Lots of owls and apples.  So much fun! 

Quilted in Aurifil 50 wt in dove and bound with Clown Stripe.  I used Golden Book fabric for the back.  I have been saving that for several years.  I stumbled upon it on a discount rack and bought the rest of the bolt.  Yep. 

This one is done and tied with a bow.  We will see him for Easter.  I cannot wait. 



No comments:

Post a Comment