Thursday, July 19, 2018

A library book bag for the grandboy


The little guy needed a library book bag and so I made one.  I used painter's drop cloth fabric from Canadian Tire.  I love that stuff.  Cheap, sturdy, washes well.  And you get a huge quantity of fabric in the package.  I actually made drapes out of it last spring for the family room.  Anyway.  Here it is.  I used the Jane Market Bag pattern from Posy Gets Cosy.  This is a great pattern and I have used it a ton.  You can vary the look of the bag by altering the size of the boxed corners.  In this case I cut out 3" square so the bag is a bit narrower.  I used some remnants from my buddy Cynthia for the pockets.  Just in case you need snacks or a place to stash your choo choo when you are finished with the library. The bag is lined with a thrift store striped cotton. 


 I think he is going to like this. 

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe your little fellow is old enough to need a library bag already Cathy, how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!! Adorable!! & great call on the painters canvas! I have a stash of it now, thanks to your genius!

    ReplyDelete