Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day of Spring!

Today is the first day of spring.  The weather is blustery with grey skies and lots of wind.  These itty bitty little daffodils did not seem to mind.  These little sweeties are less than 4" tall!



On the quilting front.  Granny Squares took over the design wall.  I had to spread out to the design drapes.  Yoiks!  I have made 30 of these pretties and am now ready to call it done.  I still have a mess of little scrappy squares though and I am debating whether these should become a scrappy pieced border.  Set on point.  Just thinking.  Haven't decided.  Just thinking.

I have to say that these squares make me VERY happy.  They shout happiness and delight when I look at them.  Can you hear them?


Have a super rest of your day!  Welcome spring!  I hope we start getting some springy weather.  The news is on and they are talking about the avalanche danger in the interior!  Good grief!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Spring to you! I am amazed at how talented you are. This will make a very striking quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I can hear them shouting too. I love happy bright fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those grannies! Very happy and springy, which we need a dose of right now. I'm in cold snowy/rainy/haily BC too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A scrappy border on point sounds wonderful to me! This is such a pretty happy quilt and I agree they do just shout out in a cheery tone of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I can hear them. They make me happy too.
    Our first day of spring brought snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is wonderful. really makes you happy! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are delightful...love your happy colours!

    ReplyDelete