All finished! A scrub top for our nurse. This is a really straight forward pattern. New Look #6817. I changed it up a bit. I made the trim around the midriff wider and then added all the top stitching on the pindot trim. I made my own bias trim rather than using bought because I wanted a more custom look. I mentioned before that because of all the washing and the stress on seams, I reinforce all the seams especially the sleeves, the side seams at the pockets and also the side seams at the tie back. Basically any places that will get a lot of stress. The fabric is some cotton I had in my stash. It is nothing in particular but it has a really nice hand so it worked perfectly for this purpose. I think it came with all the fabric I got from a quilter's estate 2 years ago.
It looks pretty nice and I am sure that our daughter will get a lot of use out of it. We will hand it over when we see her in a week. I also made her special someone a Man-apron or Mapron so he won't feel left out but I haven't take a picture of that yet. It is very manly. Just saying.
So there it is.. a scrub top finish for Friday. Linking up with Finish it Up Friday over at Amanda Jean's.