Sunday, October 6, 2013

Oh my goodness it is a lovely day!







Today was the perfect, sunny fall day.  Blue skies and leaves beginning to fall.  I had lots of uninterrpted sewing time and managed to finish bee blocks, work on my Marcelle Medallion, finish my Warp and Weft challenge project and I made the Lucky Stars BOM block... Chaos Star.  This block, with a mere 72 pieces of fabric, went together like butter!  Yay!  Having all the pieces cut, and in rows according to their placement makes all the difference!  I swtiched up the grey pieces a bit for a little bit of extra interest.  Rather than have the greys alternating, I placed them together.  Does that make sense?  So there.  October's block done like dinner.  Only two more to go and I will have to think about turning them all into a quilt.
Linking up with Judy's Design Wall Monday!

12 comments:

  1. The greys kind of have a woven look the way you've done them - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a mere 72 pieces? Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I really love your fabic choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful. Love your fabric placement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the alternation grays! Your work is awesome!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was beautiful yesterday wasn't it?? Your photo today is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I really love everything about this block -- your fabric combinations are perfect, especially the orientation of the handwriting print and I love the way your deep charcoal grays and solids set off that diva print. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like butter? My mini group has been doing these stars this year. We are about to remain our group the foul mouth quilters. These blocks are fun but hard!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This all sounds like it doable. Great block, can't wait to see the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love how you've used your fabrics for the Lucky Stars.... And they always look so lovely. Are there seriously 72 pieces in this one? I've never sat down to count any of them before.... I don't think I should start counting or I might quit sewing them - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think your fabric choices could have had any more "pop" to them - this is super great! Not sure if I'm ready to tackle 72 pieces myself, but major kudos to you! Can't wait to see the whole thing! I've pinned the block to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

    ReplyDelete