Monday, September 12, 2016

Chugging along


 School has started again and I have been busy getting the school year under way with my amazing staff.  The good news is that all the children are happy in their classrooms and it was an incredibly smooth start.  I have found some time to work on my current big quilt project and got it all quilted and bound this past weekend. Full reveal coming soon but I think I am going to enter it into the Blogger's Quilt Festival coming up soon.  Let me just say, this one is a big one and it was a bit of a beast to quilt but I got 'er done!  Thank goodness for my amazing long table that butts up against my sewing machine table.  It works so perfectly when quilting.  The chairs around the table also help to keep the quilt in place on the table.  What a system, I tell ya!

And then the binding.  See that little scrap of purple.  That is how close I was with the binding.  It was a squeaker!  I love it when that happens.


2 comments:

  1. Ha! I have done the same thing with a chair to hold up the bulk of a quilt too! If it works, why question it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh it looks amazing, can't wait for the reveal! :D

    ReplyDelete