Monday, March 27, 2017

Baby Girl...


Our son and our lovely daughter in law are expecting a baby girl in May.  We are so delighted and I started her wee wardrobe yesterday.  Some little pants but then I added a peplum to the Brindille and Twig basic tee in the 0-3 months size.  I put my rotary cutter there for scale.  This is a little tee shirt in the softest Art Gallery knit.  Pinkness!  I have to credit Husband for doing the circle math.  I made the peplum as a circle and had to figure out how big to make the inner circle to fit on the bottom of the t-shirt.  I did cut an inch off the bottom of the tee before adding the peplum.  And in perfect capsule wardrobe fashion.  The pink tee is mix and max with all three of the pants.  Woo hoo!

I also made soft mint green one as well.  The Art Gallery solids and the Amy Sinbaldi knit from her Paperie line is all from Hawthorne Threads.  The grey dot is a Riley Blake knit also from Hawthorne Threads.  The centre floral print is from Spoonflower.  To whine a bit, it is really tough to find lovely knits for baby clothes in Canada.  I can find the basics but not the good quality designer knits.

The hem on the circle peplum was a bit of a puzzle.  Then I decided to serge the edge first.  This allowed me to easily turn up the serged edge and press lightly before doing the twin needle hem with the woolly nylon thread in the bobbin.  And that she said is that.  Cannot wait to hug the little girly bundle.  She will be here before you know it.





6 comments:

  1. Oh my! Precious. My Bella would love such lovey tees and pants. I am not a garment sewer any more. But these make me want to try. I want to try some headbands for Bella. She still doesn't have much hair and is almost 9 months. She looks so cute in them. I have a new great granddaughter due in August, maybe I should give some pants a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These make me miss sewing for my daughters. They are soooo cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These clothes that you are making are soooooooooooo cute! wish I knew when we would get a new grand baby, but I guess I better get with it in case one appears earlier than we anticipated! (Adoption waiting-by our daughter and son in law).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun Cathy, a boy and a girl to sew for! I love the peplum on the tiny t-shirt, what a stylish baby girl she will be :) Know what you mean about it being hard to find nice knits for baby clothes, it is the same here although I recently bought some unusual knits from https://www.jellyfabrics.co.uk which I am really looking forward to using for clothes for the gorgeous grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the best grandmother ever!! These outfits are cut overload!

    ReplyDelete