Again, following my strategy of getting a few blocks ahead I made 4 blocks this week. Actually 5, but one was a disaster and I tossed it into my "not happy pile" at the bottom of a basket. I have a few blocks in my "not happy pile". I made 2 blocks way back at the start when I had size issues with the templates. The blocks were the wrong size. I also have one that I did not like the colours once it was done. It was banished to the "not happy pile" as well.
I attempted Block #16 Periwinkle but it was a disaster. It just did not fit correctly together, all puffed up in the centre. Argh! This must be a block that would work better with paper piecing or the other possibility is that I just seriously messed up with the templates. "Not happy pile", it went.
It was quite breezy this morning so the blocks are fluttering a bit! But I found the cutest little wooden clothes pins in my sewing junk. I was cleaning up yesterday and unearthed some forgotten treasures.
|Block 13 Buckwheat (and it is fluttering and is not really wonky)|
|Block #14 Butterfly at the Crossroads (fluttering)|
|Block # 15 Buzzard's Roost (not enough contrast here, I think I will do a second of this one)|
|Block #17 Cats & Mice (fluttering in the breeze)|
|I spy a bee!|
A Farmer's Wife update would not be complete without a chicken shot. Welcome the new girls. And oops. We discovered an imposter yesterday. One of our girls is really a guy. We named him Larry. He is going to be lovely.