Monday, November 7, 2011

Design Wall (Correction: Design Bed) Monday


Yep!  Christmas is coming!  I threw all the blocks for this "Trees for Sale" quilt on the design bed yesterday.  Did a little tweaking and managed to get the blocks together and the 2 borders on before bedtime last evening.  This quilt is so much fun!  The pattern is a lovely one by Sandy Gervais and it came out several years ago.  The pattern is layer cake friendly but lends itself easily to whatever you have that you can cut down to 10"squares for ease of cutting.  The pattern also asks for freezer paper which I have not used before.  It works like a charm!  So there it is.  Oh... the fabric is 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain and I have had it since last Christmas.  I did not use a layer cake but rather my local quilt shop had bundled together enough fabric to make the quilt and I bought it when it was half price.  So nice of them!  What is happening on your design wall?

I am going to link up with Judy's Design Wall Monday.  Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute trees. I can see how fun they would be to work up from a stack of 10 inch squares. Hope it is done in time for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love this quilt - whimsy and colour - yum!

    ReplyDelete