Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just Ducky! Vintage sheet quilt finish



Here is my yellow vintage sheet finish!  It was so dark today so this is not the best photo!  We had a terrific wind and rain storm overnight that melted all the snow and blew leaves and branches all over the place.  I was still at work and noticed how dark it was getting at 3 in the afternoon so called home and grovelled a bit.  I convinced Husband to throw the quilt on the clothesline and take a picture, pretty please!  And he did.  So there it is!  It measures approximately 76" x 82".  Pretty big to quilt diagonally!  A lovely bit of sunshine on a cloudy, dark November day.

The back is pretty simple with a white/yellow floral vintage sheet back.  I did get a couple of crinkles on the back but when I throw it in the wash, I don't think they will be noticed.  Crossing fingers!

And why did I say, Just Ducky?  Husband was having some fun with the crazy lawn ornament in front of his wood shop (a.k.a. troll house).   


So silly!


Please don't forget to enter my giveaway.  You have until Thursday evening and as I said yesterday, I did find some more samples from this Christmas line from Basic Grey to throw in so it is an even better prize!!! 


I am going to link up with Fabric Tuesday!

Fresh Poppy Design

7 comments:

  1. So pretty, I love it! I'm working on a blue-green vintage sheet quilt and can't wait to finish it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, so lovely! I'm trying to thrift my own stash of vintage sheets, but I'm not having much luck. I love the pattern you used :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yellow and this quilt is so sunny all on its own!

    Carolyn

    I've got a giveaway going on too, please stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pattern and lovely quilt - super cute duck too - I guess if your hubby indulges you with all his baking and is still happy enough to take your photos for you then you have to accept a little quackiness!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt - as you say, sunshine on a grey day!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt looks amazing. I have squares all ready and cut for making one of my own, but am yet to start sewing. I must get going with it. x

    ReplyDelete