Friday, December 16, 2011

Scrap attack!!!!

Rachel from Stitched in Colour is planning some scrap-iliscious fun for the new year.  I don't know about you but I have a lot of scraps.  I tried to take some pictures of my scraps in all their glory but scraps have a mind of their own and in case you were not aware, they multiply when your back is turned.  Scraps are like rabbits and hangers.  You know what I mean.  I do try to keep my scraps under control.  I am using scraps for my Farmer's Wife quilt and I made my giant string quilt out of scraps but I still have scraps everywhere!

itty bitty scraps in a bag

I have 2 systems for the most part.  I take the little itty bitty pieces and throw them into a bag.  I use a really classy paper shopping bag from Britex in San Francisco.  Only the best for those little itty bitties.  These are the pieces that are really too small but I figure they must be good for something like the last piece for a string block where you just need a tiny little scrap.

leftover quilt scraps in ziploc bags falling out of a basket

My second system is at the completion of a quilt, I take the leftovers that are not folding yardage and I stick the works into ziploc bags.  The bags then go on the shelf in an overflowing basket.  What I have then are colour coordinated scraps in a bag.  This works fairly well so far but I need a different storage system for all the bags.

What about you?  How do you manage your scraps? Rachel has invited bloggers to show her how you manage the scrap mess.  I am going to send her an email with a link to this post so I can share my scrap mess.

Don't forget to check back here in just a little while because ladies and gentlemen, we are going to have a WINNER!!!!  It is almost 5 pm and that is go time for Mr.Random Generator.  I am currently sitting at a HUGE 505 comments!  I cannot believe it!  Thank you, everyone, for your interest!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm I think I might have to do a post on this too if I can bare the shame of showing my huge collection of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'd not thought about saving scraps by finished quilts. That does sound inspiring!

    ReplyDelete