Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Farmer's Wife is.... DONE!



My Farmer's Wife Quilt is finished!!!  I am so glad it is done.  I wanted to take some super gorgeous pictures of it outside after work today but it is POURING with rain.  Hopefully it will be nice tomorrow and I can take some proper pictures.  With Husband's help, I hung it up in the carport.  Oh, the things quilters will do!!!!  Standing on chairs, we strung up a string and clothespinned it up for a photo op.

This quilt has a total of 113 blocks, finishing at 90" square. All the blocks are made from scraps.  It is sashed and bordered with a pale yellow cotton.  I have bound the quilt with a small green feedsack print and I used the same for the small cornerstones.  I straight line quilted it between all the blocks and on either side of the seam lines between the blocks.  It looks pretty neat from the back too!  The back is an orange print that actually has little itty bitty quilt blocks on it.  I bought it about a year ago as a bolt end for quilt backs and I had enough for this beast.  I pieced the back with a strip of the binding fabric and one little extra block that was a bit too small for the front.  It was one of the first blocks I made and I was having a problem with scaling of the templates when printing.

I have to say that since last June, when I started this quilt, I have celebrated little blocks and been frustrated with others.  This was a ton of work but it looks GREAT!  And I am so happy it is done!  Better pictures as soon as the rain stops, I promise!


Linking up with Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday and with Amanda Jean for Finish it Up Friday!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! That is truly amazing! Great job!
    And I love the back too...nice touch adding that one extra block. This will be a treasure to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Yours is the first FW that I've seen completed. What a major feat! Congratulations--it's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Its turned out wonderful...its just magnificent...great job! I also like the little block on the back...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty! Congratulations on a spectacular quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness that is just so wonderful! Congrats on such a great finish! And the one block on the back is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! It looks amazing and when you look at it, it doesn't look like 113 blocks! I stopped at fifty two and now I am making other creations with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow congratulations!!!! Looks amazing! Makes me really want to make one:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Your quilt looks amazing. I'm in total awe and so totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy - what a BIG job finished!! It looks amazing and all from scraps. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful quilt. So many hours of love went in to your huge quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Cathy...It's beautiful !!! Congrats on finishing it. Yours is the first I've seen finished. I've only done 15. I guess I'll get there one day. Until then I can look at yours and dream. Well done !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is wonderful - a fabulous achievement. Love the backing too. Let me know when you want to ship it. I am happy to pay postage LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, that is beautiful! You did an amazing job. LOVE the little block on the back! I just bought all the supplies for this quilt, this makes me excited to start!

    ReplyDelete
  14. congrats on finishing your FW top. it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Cathy! If mine turns out half as nice......

    ReplyDelete