Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Work in progress Wednesday




1)  Well!  I finished my cross string blocks quilt.  Yippee!  Officially off the work in progress list and on the finished quilt list.  I was inspired by a quilt from the Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival and used a bunch of scraps to make this summer time quilt.  I really do like it.  I hung it up on the wood shed for this photo op.  The nice thing about the wood shed is that I can go inside and get a from the back quilt shot.  Fun!  So what can I say about this?  Quilted with Aurifil 50 wt in white.  I followed the diagonal white strips in the blocks and quilted straight lines 1/4" out from the seam lines.  Using my hera marker, I marked lines extending right out through the borders too.  So the quilting lines follow the diagonal clear across the quilt in both directions.



I used a few extra blocks on the back as well as a blue floral from my stash and a little bit of the green from the borders.  .  It works.

2)  I also finished my Stash Mini.  So that is off the list.  This is what summer holidays does for me!  Lots of finishes!

3)  And I am making steady progress on the Gemstones quilt in progress.

Can it be true?  Only one work in progress???  I will have to do something about that!

Linking up with work in progress Wednesday!

Webster the quilt dog, quality control.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! So excited that I inspired you. You did a fantastic job. And now I'm wondering if hubby will let me hang quilts on his shed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this quilt so much...hmmm....maybe I should make one too?? LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt! Beautiful barn, and I've been eager to try out the hera marker too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! It is my favorite color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this quilt! Perfect colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a soothing quilt! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. did you make up your own pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this one! I would love to make this. So inspiring, thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete