1) Since I am back to work, I am thinking about what I have on the go currently. My dear friend is hosting a Christmas sale of handcrafted things at her home in November. She has asked me take part. I was not so sure about it but agreed. I have not done anything like this before but will give it a go. This is why I have been making some small gift items such as doll bedding etc. But I also need to have a few quilts just in case someone wishes to spend some big bucks. It is also difficult to guess fabric choices and colours that might resonate. Who really knows? So with those thoughts in mind, I decided throw a bunch of these dark red scraps together. I had this bag of scraps from a sample bag of something. I don't know what this line is or was but the fabric has a lovely, silky soft feel. It speaks of fall or winter, warm fires and good books. I think it will make a lovely lap size quilt. I made 16 blocks before I ran out of scraps. I will follow Elizabeth Hartman's Rail Fence idea and offset the blocks, one horizontal and the next vertical. And I have a lovely neutral French General fabric to sash it all with. I think it will be quite lovely and quite a difference to all the baby quilts I have been churning out. It took no time at all to mindlessly sew strips together.
2) Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild challenge using our own Cynthia Frenette's Kona Modern Quilts fabric is still sitting and percolating in my brain. I am almost afraid to cut it in case I change my mind. How silly!
3) Proverbial Quilt Along with Krista at Poppyprint is quilting along. These letters are fun to make!
5) Made Bunting for our quilt guild second anniversary sew in swap. Done like dinner!
6) Modern scrappy bits swap handmade item and scrap package are all ready to mail!!!!!!
7) Did the blog hop. Had a tutorial. All worked out well!
So there you have it. And I am back to work and the blueberries are still coming.
Have a lovely Wednesday!
Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday!