Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Work In Progress Wednesday!
1) I made a little needle book for the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap. I hope my partner will like it!!! I have the Swap package already to go but the mailing date isn't until September. This is a total sneak peak and is officially a finished project! Woo Hoo! It was a lot of fun to make... more on that later!
2) Baby boy quilt is also done!!! I finished sewing the binding on last evening. It was really too warm to be sitting with a quilt on your lap but the things we do for our quilting! Let me tell ya!
3) Proverbial Quilt Along... I am having fun with this! I actually have "You are my sunshi..." finished. If I took out the "n", it would say "you are my sushi" but that would be strange on a quilt! I had a huge boost with Mum tracing out all the letters onto freezer paper. This quilt involves a lot of singing. I like that!
3) I have a half yard piece Kona Modern Quilts designed by Cynthia Frenette for Robert Kaufman. Cynthia is one of the founders of the modern quilt guild that I belong to. Happy dance. Robert Kaufman gave Cynthia a bunch of fabric for a guild challenge. So I have picked up some solids and have to make something for our October meeting. This is an official work in progress. It just still sits as fabric though. It is stewing in my brain.
4) My stop on the "Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop" is tomorrow people! I have to get my post ready today!!!!!! Eep!
5) Freezing blueberries. Canning green beans. Continuing. Ongoing. Never ending. We sent mum home with 42 bags of frozen blueberries. I gave my brother 32 bags of frozen blueberries the other day. Endless blueberries. Good thing we like them. The deep freeze is earning its money.
6) Fabric pulled for another baby quilt. This one will be a little more gender neutral. Will work for either.
And I better get busy because I am back to work next Monday!
Linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday!