Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Work in Progress Wednesday on a Tuesday
1) Officially a work in progress. "Another Star" is coming along just fine and I am using a variety of Kaffe Fassett and Martha Negley florals with a few little other pretties. I seem to be making the stars in pairs so as I have more blocks, the variety of florals will increase and be less matchy matchy looking. This is fun and I think would lend very nicely to scraps too.
2) I finished this little needlebook last Friday so that is off the list and ready to be a door prize at quilt guild.
3) Being away all weekend, I was separated from my sewing machine. This trauma was made up for by being able to spend all that lovely time with Daughter and her Special Someone. I did however make dishcloths like a crazy old knitting lady.
4) And I have been putting together a Halloween goodie bag for a quilt guild swap on Thursday. Seriously fun. What do we have there besides chocolate? Hmmm. Some Halloween buttons. So wonderful black and white twine on a wooden spool. 2 Ghastlies fat quarters and a pack of napkins that say "broom rides 50 cents." I added a chunk of Kona Kumquat as an extra just a minute ago and then I have to stuff it all into the Halloween bucket. Too much fun!
5) My Proverbial quilt has not had any attention this week. It must be getting lonely.
Linking up with Lee for Work in Progress Wednesday! and the Needle and Thread Network for Canadian bloggers.