Wednesday, June 17, 2015

work in progress... scraps for a baby girl


Sometimes it is so satisfying to piece together 4" squares in simple patchwork.  It just ticks all those boxes for me in sewing land.  I took a bunch of squares from my pre-cut scraps and laid them out on the design wall.  I added in a few extra gray squares and then I was away to the races.  I used up a bunch of pinks that have been lingering.  Of course the pink roses are not by any means modern but somehow when the gray dots and gray text fabric was added in, it just worked for me.  Another baby quilt for the pile.  It is nice to have a few of these stashed away for baby gifts.  Son and daughter-in-law have several friends having babies in the next while so baby quilts are a must.  I said to my husband on Saturday afternoon, "Oh, I made a baby quilt today."  And I did.  Sandwiched and ready for quilting on the weekend.  Linking up with Lee for Work in Progress Wednesday.


5 comments:

  1. Nice, very smart baby quilt! It will make some baby girl very happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, the dots & text make it super fresh and modern- nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soft grays enhance the flower buds nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty finish! I like to have a couple of baby quilts here, usually almost finished just waiting for the next baby!

    ReplyDelete