Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Just three things... well maybe four


I have a few things on the go.  First of all, I am back to work and at a new school this year so that is keeping my busy!  Kids will be back in school next week and then we will get in the grove.  Secondly, the weather has been the story here in southern BC.  We had a terrific wind storm on the weekend and while we had little damage and were only out of power for about 9 hours, some people are still not back on the grid.  Apparently over 700,000 people were out of power at the height of it all.  YOIKS!!!  Today, there was a major thunder and lightening and hail event along with RAIN!!!  But I missed all of that, because I was in a hotel with some of my staff at a conference.  Oh, did I mention the earthquake that woke us up the other day?  Seriously!

Anyway, 2 quilts are on the go.  The St. Louis 16 patch on the design wall is a donation quilt and I will finish it up this weekend.  And my scrappy purple quarter log cabin is sitting on the floor waiting for quilting.  I need to get busy!  Thank goodness for  the long weekend coming up!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday!


9 comments:

  1. You're using such cheerful colors in the St. Louis 16 patch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the log cabin quilt....purple and great design, very 3-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice log cabin. It looks like layers of fabric stacked up. Quite the weather you've had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your choices of color in both quilts!!! Just GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both quilts are beautiful. Love the 16 patch, the colours are fabulous! May have to make another sooner than I wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Log Cabin. Weather is one of the things we just have to put up with. Earthquakes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 16 patch - reminds me that I still want to make one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilts are quite nice and colorful. The log cabin has so much depth.

    ReplyDelete