Name: Prospector's16 Patch
Design: St. Louis 16 Patch (tutorial at Sew with Sass)
Size: 56" by 72"
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in cream on either side of each square
Backed with a vintage sheet
I made this St, Louis 16 Patch with the intention that it be a donation quilt for the Rock Creek Forest Fire victims, I put it together with a vision of who it might be for but then the organizers of the quilt drive said they only wanted queen size quilts. Wah wa wa. Darn. This is not a queen size quilt. It is a long twin. And I made it that because I thought it might be good for an older gentleman, perhaps even a prospector type who may have lost his cabin in the wild fires. In my mind, it was a good idea. I used to teach in that area, years ago and we lived in the little town of Midway when the kids were young. So my idea was not that out of whack. Since the quilt was not wanted, I have it in a pile waiting and will jump at an opportunity to donate it, especially to an older gentleman, who may have a cabin and may or may not be a prospector type. Or something.
Made with a variety of prints from my stash and with mostly low volume prints making up the 16 patch squares, this quilt comes together in a hurry. The tutorial is a good one. The quilt is quilted simply, a quarter inch from the seam lines on one side of each quarter inch block in Aurifil 50 wt in cream.
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!