Sunday, January 10, 2016

Hmm... Let's Eat!


Cynthia gave me some of her new fabric a little bit ago and I used some of her Let's Eat line for Robert Kaufman combined with some scraps to make Husband some new oven mitts.  I have to say it is pretty awesome to have such a talented quilty buddy!  This particular line has some lovely fun choices and this particular fabric worked perfectly with my black and white scraps and that awesome clown stripe binding.  Lots of quilting in Aurifil 50 wt in grey keeps all the layers of batting and insul-bright together.  Wouldn't want any heat to get through these mitts.  I did not use a pattern but traced around an old pair of oven mitts that we have used for years.  Super fun and oven mitts are a great gift item for showers or house warming gifts.  Or for your husband if you are like me and have a husband that does all the cooking!

Don't forget, Sew Sisters has free shipping in Canada this weekend!



3 comments: