Saturday, May 6, 2017

Scrap Attack... Seriously


I started another one of these.  I have this never ending battle with scrap control.  I felt most elated to have given a bunch of scraps to a friend but scraps breed like rabbits.  So here we go,  Just like the one I finished last July and pictured below.  Big honking 18.5" blocks using up tons of strings in a limited colour palette.  I am thinking 9 blocks will do it and I will use up a bunch of scraps in the process.  I can hope anyway!  Just like I can hope the sun is going to appear today after a day of incredible rain!  




6 comments:

  1. I love these blocks! I need to try these. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Scrap Control" - love it! What a great way to use up the scraps while creating another masterpiece. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I need to make one or two of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cathy your quilt looks fantastic and a wonderful way to use up scraps,well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quilt! You've inspired me to get out my scraps again and start playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo I love this - the controlled strips - what a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete