Sunday, August 20, 2017

A gift for a friend

   Name: Scraps Springs Eternal #2
Design: Inspired by a quilt found on Pinterest by Kati Spencer and published in Scraps Inc.
Size: 67" by 67"
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt ilight grey, irregular grid
Fabric:  Various prints in orange, nayvy, aqua, red, grey and white and sashed with Kona Ash
Binding and Backing: Kona Navy binding and backed with a thrifted sheet.

I have been most busy this summer but I have not been keeping up to date here so I have some work to do.  I am more often found on Instagram it seems as so many bloggers have migrated.  You can find me there at @cathyeric  Anyway, I made another one of these scrap quilts this summer.  It was the first finish of the summer in truth.  This quilt is based on a picture I found on Pinterest.  As quilt by Kati Spencer in the book Scraps Inc.  I do not have the book but I do want to credit her design.  Not having the book, I made my blocks 18" square and with strips of varying widths in a controlled colour palette.  So much fun.  This is the second one of this design.  Here is the first.

Backed with a thrifted sheet in sunny bright yellow, I gave this one to a dear friend who just bought lake property and will be cabin building.  A quilt was in order for sure.


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this pattern. I pinned it a while ago, too and it is in the running for a group quilt that I do every year with 175 of my closest friends!! =O

    ps
    your version is all kinds of fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern and just recently acquired the book. There are some great scraps patterns in it. This one is on my radar.

    ReplyDelete