Monday, January 3, 2011

next quilt

One down, more to go.  So in between picking way too many blueberries, I was reading a lot of quilt blogs.  I found the Moda Bakeshop.  It was like I had hit the motherlode.  I picked out the disappearing nine patch pattern from Rachel of P.S. I Quilt.   She made it from Christmas fabric-Moda Crazy Eights and intended a table topper.  I used stash fabric, except for the back which I bought at a local fabric store.  Some of the stash was from when nursey student daughter was a baby.  Some of the stash was stuff I had given my Mum and then asked for back.  Some of it was even from my Gramma's stash.  I was still being cheap, knowing that I was still practicing  free motion quilting.  I had also practiced a lot of little quilt sandwiches.  How frustrating to see that I could make fabulous free motion floopy flowers but my squiggles were really not so nice!

So here's the thing.  I like Craigslist.  I like thrift stores.  We have bought some very cool stuff on Craigslist.  Like the hardwood flooring for our living room/kitchen/dining room.  Gazillions of antique pressback chairs for the downstairs kitchen table that husband made from the cedar planks in our barn.  (But that is another story!)  The excercise bike that husband bought me for my 50th birthday.  I started checking Craigslist every day because I really felt that the only way to move forward with my free motion quilting, was to get a new sewing machine.  Or at least new to me...

Here's the disappearing nine patch quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment