Friday, July 22, 2011

Finish it up Challenge- Week 5 check in and a bit of fabric

Moda candy bar with Bliss 50% off!!!!!

vintage inspired fabric on sale 80% off!!!!!
I am currently visiting my mum in the Okanagan.  Other than eating too many cherries, we have had a great time hitting thrift stores and quilt shops in her cute little town.  My big bargain of the day has got to be the buy one get one for free Liberty of London fat quarters.  Yep.  I almost fell over.  They were already cheap at $3.50 a fat quarter but the buy one get one for free just about floored me.  I checked at Purl Soho and saw what they sell for there and decided I should go back tomorrow and get the rest of the small basket.  At $90 or so for 12 fat quarters at Purl Soho, I think it is fair to say this was an awesome deal!!!  Or should I say steal!!!!!???

Liberty of London fat quarters!


It has been a most productive week.  Finishing the scrappy paper pieced string quilt is just a big wahoo!

Here is my list...


My work in progress list includes...
1) Paper pieced scrappy string quilt 
2)  Clovers or Card Tricks quilt
3)  Sparkling Cider Vintage Sheet Quilt
4)  Fresh Flowers Quilt (only just cut out!!!)   Now a quilt top!
5)  A hexie pillow cover

add ons to the list...

6) Vintage sheet quilt in blue
7) Farmer's Wife Quilt Along  (week 8-16 blocks finished and up to date)
8) Doll quilt and pillow for Mum's donation


I will be linking this up with the the other Finish it up quilters over at Meg's!  Check out the great finishes for the week!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering with a quilting friend the other day, if they are still making Moda Candy Bars...

    Love the Liberty!

    ReplyDelete