Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Monday!

Just a few white roses...
Riel, who blogs at the Q and the U, has her HUGE I spy quilt featured at Modern Day Quilts!  Very exciting and if you have not checked out Riel's blog, you should!  She just finished another vintage sheet quilt.  She caught the bug.

I read an interesting tip somewhere in blogland that adding some plain old white vinegar to the wash water when washing vintage sheets and pillowcases helps freshen them up.   I gave it a whirl and found it really did freshen the pillowcases which can sometimes be a little less than fresh.  It made a big difference.  I often avoid vintage pillowcases unless they are really in good shape because they can be very well used.  The vinegar is the solution.

One more day left to enter my giveaway for the half metre cuts of Sandi Henderson fabric. Check it out!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, What a nice surprise, thanks for the linky!! I agree about the pillowcases. I have passed over quite a few, maybe the vinegar is worth a try!

    ReplyDelete