Wednesday, October 26, 2011

On Wednesday


I have 3 quilts on the go as we speak.  Actually, I lied.  I have 4 quilts on the go if you also include the Farmer's Wife quilt.  I am trying to use stash as much as possible in finishing the quilts.  I found a lovely 100% cotton sheet with a suitable pattern for the quilt back and a solid for the binding. Husband does not approve but he does not like the colours of this quilt anyway.  He only likes the actual quilt pattern but he is not a fan, shall we say, of this fabric line.  I reminded him that the quilt is not for him.  I do appreciate his feedback!  And he does have excellent colour sense!

I have 2 quilts ready to quilt.  I am waffling on how to quilt the bento box quilt.  I am going to have to search bento boxes in blogland (quilts that is!) and see what other people have done.  I need some inspiration.

On the knitting front, Daughter has asked for text messaging mittens.  I bought her a pair of home knit ones at a craft fair but she lost one or both of them.  I could not find a pattern and my knitting skills are not up to just winging it.  Husband ordered the book "Knit Grrl" for me the other day at my request because it has a pattern in it for text messaging mittens.  I cannot wait to see how they turn out!!!!  So exciting.

So that is my story.  Excitement is building at school as Halloween approaches and today is Diwali!  Happy Diwali everyone!!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh how I wish I only had four quilts on the go - and that doesn't even include the 21 for the soldiers.........I am sure UFO's breed in the cupboard!

    ReplyDelete