Sunday, October 16, 2011

Work in progress on an autumn Sunday...


Oh, have I ever waffled about what to do with this fabric!  But I made a decision and  I am pleased with the results so far.  This is all going to be a much larger version of Camille's quilt Coming Home from her book Simplify.  This pattern works perfectly with the pile of fabric because it is essentially charm pack friendly.  Since I am using a pile of sample fabrics from the "by the pound sale", I have a range of the line.  The pieces I have were easy to cut into 5" squares with very little waste.  I had lots of Moda Snow for the solid and I fell in love with my Hera Marker again when marking the little tiny squares on the diagonal.  Seriously, if you do not have one of these little life savers, get one!  See it in the top left of the picture above?!!!!  Magic!


Today was the day that we took care of 2 major things.  Husband and I logged the dahlias in the garden.  After 2 nights of frost, the time had come.  The tubers are still in the ground and will have the next week to develop the shoots needed for next year's flowers.  Husband and I will have to dig the giant tubers up next weekend. And that is a lot of work.

The other thing that has been on our to do list, was giving Webster a bath.  Webster is a very large and hairy Golden Retriever who does not like to swim.  We stuffed him quite successfully into the bathtub and lathered him up with some luscious guava scented, designer doggy shampoo.  He is looking quite the thing now, let me tell you!  Serious fluff ball action and seemingly, no loss of doggy dignity.


And it was  lovely day, with leaves spiralling in the breeze.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt in the making by the looks of things and I so wish I could have seen Webster - you should have included a pic for us dog lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thrilled to see someone else use this block, I found a 3" block version and have used it successfully a few times in black and white, and most recently incorporating fuschia for my first granddaughter's baby quilt. Love the ease of the block and the way it really showcases the fabric. Looking forward to seeing your finished result!!

    ReplyDelete