Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Shop Hoppin' with the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild





I had this idea.  What if I invited a bunch the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild to go on a shop hop with me?  What if I said I would drive?  How many quilters could I fit in my van????  And how many others would join us?  Lots!  I think there were 9 of us altogether.  We started at the Spool of Thread in Vancouver.  That was fun!  Forgive the phone pic!







I added some low volume fabrics to the stash and some Liberty.  YUM!





Then we were off to lunch at Canteen Mitra for lunch!  Seriously yummy!  Thanks Cynthia for the great idea!



Fabricana in Coquitlam was the next stop.  Sales!  Lots of them.  We spent some quality time at Fabricana before heading off to Surrey to Save On Fabrics.  Save on Fabrics is a discount fabric store.  You never know what will be there.  They stock quilting fabric, lots of garment fabrics (excellent selection of wool melton cloth) and all sorts of other stuff!  I scored some Anna Maria Horner fabric along with a seaside print that is so wrong it is right!  I have been feeling buyers regret for a year at not buying any of it and was delighted to find a vast quantity this time on a giant roll.  I also found some monkeys, a ditsy floral print and a great black on white dot because I am really trying to build up the low volume options.



I checked in with husband at this point because it was starting to get dark.  I told him we were still on the road.  He decided the whole adventure was like bar hopping for quilters.  Totally.  I then learned we were close to Wineberries.   Why not?  And what a nice shop that was!  I picked up some American Jane rulers.  The first few of us in the door scored the last bit of that until Cynthia unearthed a fat quarter.  The ladies in the shop were delighted to meet Cynthia because they had her entire Christmas line and were almost sold out.  Oh, that was fun!



So here is the rest of what followed me on home.  The sales were great.  I am sure this will be an annual event! And I was so tired when I finally got home!!!!!






























9 comments:

  1. It was a fabulous day! thank you so much for planning and driving, definitely an annual or more frequently, heehee- event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun day, indeed! It would be awesome to become an annual event! great fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sew jealous, lol i'm in surrey so quite familiar with Wineberry but will have to check out Save on Fabrics for sure, didn't realize they had quilting fabric. The other fabric store in Surrey is Tom's on Scott rd, they have a fair selection of fabrics and batiks and precuts. i'm going to have to go into vancouver one day and check out spool of thread. Maybe next time rent a party bus. lolol

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - sounds like an amazing day Cathy. Happy New Year and hope 2014 is a wonderful year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN!!!!! What a neat idea! Shopping for fabric is always fun with a quilting buddy!
    So neat to compare and share ;) I love the last fabric you posted! And all of the others :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of fun! If you're ever in Kamloops......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! Sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad I had to miss it! I hope it becomes a bi-annual (or even quarterly!) event so i have a better chance of participating

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I bet it was a fun day. It is like a pub crawl, but so much better for your health. They are tiring days, I agree.

    ReplyDelete