Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Bonnet for a boy


Our daughter decided that our baby needed a bonnet.  Our son in law and my husband thought it was goofy because our baby is a boy.   Husband proclaimed that it is not the 1950s and we don't put boy babies in bonnets but our daughter was pretty determined.  She has been eyeing the bonnets made by Rain People but the one she wanted was sold out.  Gramma to the rescue. I thought this looked a lot like the Purl Soho bonnet pattern so I got busy.  I used a thrifted men's shirt in a striped oxford cloth to make the bonnet more manly.  It sewed up like a dream.  I lined the interior with a lovely light weight white cotton that I have had for who knows how long.  The brim is interfaced.  This is a great pattern.  I am going to pop this in the mail so our baby can enjoy his wee man bonnet when he is out and about in the sun.



4 comments:

  1. If you must bonnet a boy, this is a mighty fine choice. Besides, sun protection is important, and babies are really good at removing hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Keep the sun off that delicate skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great and perfect choice of fabric. I would call it a "baby cap".

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely a manly bonnet, he will be such a trendsetter :)

    ReplyDelete