Friday, July 29, 2016

So this happened


My husband asked me what I had planned for this summer.  What was I going to look forward to and what was going to put a spring in my step?  I happened to mention that I thought I might like a serger.  I did a little research and then off I went to do a little up close and personal research.  And I bought one.  And once I got that sucker threaded, it is a whole lot of fun.


I made these little baby boy shorts in 5 minutes or less.  Oh my goodness.  So much fun.  This is a Brindille and Twig pattern.    And then I made these.  Options.  I tried out two different waist options.  These are a bit of a mash up in terms of the pattern as I did a rub off of a pair and faked them a bit but the wee beanie toque is Brindille and Twig.  So do I blame the purchase of the serger on my husband or on our grandbaby?  I wonder now how I have managed to live without one for so long.  It is just that much fun!


6 comments:

  1. Oh Cathy what fun! I am two steps behind you as a serger is definitely on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my serger. You made such cute baby clothes with it. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put it to good use right away so sweet
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly thought you wondered how you had managed to live without a GRANDBABY for so long. But you meant serger.

    Tip about serger: if one comes unthreaded, just rethread them all. The four threads really do need to be done in the correct order and every time I've rethreaded just the one it has never worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those things are the cutest ever!! You make me want to run and get a serger and make stuff for all the babies in my life-- won't happen, but I can daydream!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was given an older serger years ago but I've rarely used it--I really should take the time to learn to do more with it! Looks like you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete