Sunday, January 8, 2017

Happy New Year!




Starting with some treasures that my Mum tucked in my Christmas stocking.  Oooo!  Some real oldies in there.  The silver coloured oval with the bar in the middle is apparently a scissor sharpener.  Some lovely old needle packets, a needle book in the shape of a sun hat, some old bodkins and a Necchi sewing machine threader.  Fun!

We were so lucky to have our family with us for Christmas.  Our wee grand baby stayed for most of the break, along with his Mum and Dad and that was just the best.  He is a world class snuggler and is already 6 months old. 

I  did not sew at all during the two week break except for a few Christmas makes just before the big day. We also got hammered with a sick thing that went through the house.  Blech!  I did make some table runners for gifts.  And some things that I even forgot to photograph.  Good grief!  So here we are in January, snow covered and under a winter storm advisory again!  



2 comments:

  1. Those vintage items are awesome! And those runners are fabulous! I've made a full sized quilt of that pattern, and loved making it! So fun! I think I might have to make a few runners, now that I see how awesome they look! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun items your mom put in your stocking! I love your table runners! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete