Sunday, January 15, 2017

Sewing pants


This weekend was all about baby pants.  The little dude is growing fast and furious and is now 6 months old. He is a seriously cute.  And when his mommy says he needs new pants then Gramma has to get busy.  The 2 black prints are Robert Kaufman knits and the Adventure Awaits print is from Spponflower.  Nouveau Bohemian is the designer and it was printed on the organic cotton knit which is to die for.  Just saying.  

Then I made the sweatshirt which is a Brindille and Twig pattern.  The Canada Goose print is from Spoonflower as well and the same designer. Now here is the story.  I decided yesterday to be brave and change the thread on my serger from white to black since I was sewing black stuff.  Yesterday it worked perfectly.  I tied the thread to the thread.  Bing bang boom, I had black thread on the serger and then I changed it back.  No problem! Until today when I was serging the sweatshirt and I decided to switch to black thread again for the ribbing.  The thread broke and I had to re-thread the whole thing.  OMG.  I had the Youtube video.  I had husband holding the flashlight.  Cursing.  Thinking I needed to buy a new serger.  One for white thread and one for black.  But with husband's help, we got it done  I seriously cannot thread a needle, never mind a looper.  Serger threaded.  Sweatshirt done.  And black thread is still on the serger.  Blah!



6 comments:

  1. Such cute little pants and shirt! I remember sewing all my girls' clothes when they were little. I haven't done that in YEARS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I have my first grand baby arriving in the spring and love all this inspiration! I may have to buy a serger!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, what a sweet style for those baby pants! Is it also a Brindille and Twig pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So crazy cute!! My daughter and her husband are trying to adopt so I have to keep these little clothes in mind for someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, now you understand why, as a Home Ec teacher, I spent my lunch hours threading sergers... even though I taught the students how to do it, showed them a video, had them take the test before they used the sergers... "not me" managed to leave them unthreaded for the next person. sigh. You are bringing back memories. I have a serger with air threading... awesome! But still tie the threads and pull them through, one at a time! And hope that the knot holds through the needle eye. You can purchase a special needle threader for your serger.
    I don't think it gets any easier, no matter how many times you thread the darn thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that I have a serger Cathy, I know exactly what you mean! I love the Spoonflower fabric I might just have to check out the knits on there now too :)

    ReplyDelete