Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Working on stuff...


This past weekend was a fun one with the kids at home for at least part of it!  I still managed some sewing including hemming some new nurse pants for daughter and making a "commissioned" stethoscope bag for... nurse daughter's special someone's soon to be nurse sister.  Does that make sense?  Giggle.  That is for you, Grant!

This is the finished stethoscope bag, finishing at 6" by 15".  She likes butterflies, so butterflies she gets.



I also started and finished the Wonky Wonky Little Star table runner.  More on that later but let me just say that it may have something to do with our quilt guild.   I just love stars and embedding the wonky stars like this just makes me happy!  I have a tutorial that I did up a long time ago when I made a quilt with nested wonky stars.  And here is the finished quilt...

I also got started on a my swap package for the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap round 4?  I think it is round 4... maybe 5!  And I finished my Marcelle Medallion quilt!!!! Wahoo!  So many things to talk about and so much progress!

Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network and Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday.  What are you working on?


12 comments:

  1. Love your table runner, I jsut made a pillow with a very similar pattern, its nearly finished, just need to find the right zipper for it. Its in my flickr feed if you want to have a look, not had time to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your star quilt at the top is going to be darling !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wonky stars! Congrats on finishing your Marcelle Medallion, that's quite the accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wonky star table runner!
    www.sewcraftychick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of a stethoscope bag, but it makes perfect sense! When I was nursing (when dinosaurs roamed the earth), my stethoscope was always around my neck. D'you have a pattern? I have a couple of nurse friends who could use one and alas, I'm not good at "garments" w/o a pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your table runner and the bag...such a thoughtful gift for a nurse:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that table runner! Might you have a tutorial or a few tips on how to float your stars?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh the table runner is awesome!! & I can't wait to see it and your marcelle medallion- yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful that you get so many lovely projects done!

    ReplyDelete