Sunday, May 1, 2016

Grandbaby quilt number two



 Name: Number Two
Design: Inspired by a quilt that I pinned
Size: 36" by 45"
Fabric:  Medium grey Free 
spirit solid and Kona white
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in white, 2 rows either side of the vertical block seams
Binding and Backing:  Kona buttercup for the binding, and an Alexander Henry Owl print, with Deer from Moda..


 I finished this one last night.  It is for our grand boy to be.  I was inspired by a quilt I found on pinterest some time ago.  Simple simple HST construction.  I used the magic 8 method of making 8 HSTs at a time and I trimmed them to 5".  Pretty much that easy.  The yellow binding finishes it so perfectly.  I quilted it with Aurifil 50 wt in white, double row, on either side of the vertical block seams, playing up the vertical nature of the design.  Backed with owls and deer for fun.  Ready for snuggles.




3 comments:

  1. That turned out beautifully! I love the grey, yellow and white combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making the same one in red! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this for a baby! What size squares did you start with to end up with the 5" HST?

    ReplyDelete