Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saturday Flea Market Finds...


 We were off early this morning with a list and a time crunch because some whacky person (me) had made dentist appointments at noon on the first day it really feels like summer could be here.  We had an interesting list that included a trip to a great nursery, the veggie store, and a planned stop at my fabulous local quilt shop.   I had a 50% off coupon for any one item in the quilt shop burning a hole in my purse.  Off we went down the road, only to do a quick turn around when I screeched "garage sale!" And not just any garage sale but our favourite church garage sale.  The one that I have been stalking for weeks, waiting for some sign that it would be happening.  With that said... I found some great stuff and spent a grand sum of $4.25!!!!

I found some great shakers with painted metal tops for 25 cents a pair.  So vintage!  Some milk glass at 5 cents and 50 cents.  A floral frog.  A Johnson Brothers platter in yellow in mint condition for a mere 10 cents.  A lovely little china plate, most likely a saucer for a gravy boat.  It was the most expensive thing at $2.  Husband found the item below.  It was $1.25.  It is none other than a bean slicer.  It bolts to a hard surface, counter or table, and you stuff the beans in and crank.  Voila!  Sliced beans!  Fabulous!!!!!



Price tags from today's finds.  Yep.  I love church sales.

Linking up with Sophie's Flea Market Finds!!!!  Have a lovely rest of your day!  Happy Mother's Day, Mum!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. again more great finds - you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pastel yellow platter. And more milk glass at amazing prices, you seem to have a knack for finding all the good stuff. x

    ReplyDelete