Name: I Spy a Clone!
Design: 224-4" squares with 4" border
Size: 62" by 70"
Fabric: I Spy Scraps and stash fabrics
Quilted: by me with Aurifil 50 wt in white
A few months ago, I made an I Spy quilt for a raffle prize at my school's spring carnival. It was a huge success and one family in particular kept talking about the quilt after they were not the winners. During the last week of school, I was asked to make them one. And here it is. Same design, same size but obviously a different mix of I Spy squares. I was able to take the quilt to show at my guild meeting last evening and today it goes to its new home.
The most time consuming aspect of making a quilt like this is the cutting of the squares. Oh man! It takes such a long time to get all the little squares fussy cut. I was a little smarter this time and cut extra squares as I went along. Some how I think there will be more of these in my future.
Just a note about the squares. They are 4" squares, the only time there is a repeat in the fabric is if the print repeat is a different mix of spy-ables. The quilting is my stand-by... a grid of stitching on either side of the squares in Aurifil 50 wt in white. I love how the grid shows up on the back of the quilt!
Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it Up Friday!