Friday, January 6, 2012

Farmer's Wife Check In: Week 32

Block #68 Postage Stamp
 So I made 2 of the same blocks this week.  I like this one.  I actually made one earlier but since I decided that I was going to avoid some blocks because I don't like them, I made some more postage stamp blocks.  I strip pieced these so the layouts are random.  I had this funny thought though, as I was sewing.  I think I might have been sewing for too long that day.  I was remembering the Donny and Marie Show from my way back and beyond years.  When I was but a mere babe.  You know, the Osmonds.  Remember they used to sing that Marie was a little bit country and Donny was a little bit rock and roll.  Just go with me, people.  So above we have Donny's version.  A little bit rock and roll and below, we have Marie's, just a little bit country.

Block #68 Postage Stamp
 Happy together on the winter lawn with the cute little mushrooms poking up beside them.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I like both blocks - I have a girlfriend who got to meet the Osmonds when the came to Australia in recent years and man! was she obsessed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as you said "Donny and Marie" I knew exactly where you were going with it! Good memories!

    ReplyDelete