Thursday, January 19, 2012

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along...week 33


 The pile of these little blocks is growing!  I have no idea how many of them there are but I really should count them.  The obvious guess would be 66 since I do 2 a week and it is week 33 but some weeks I have done more than the scheduled 2 blocks.  Anyway, I have more than 66 blocks and I need about 110!

Block #75 Rosebud

Block #81 Snowball
So here we have this week's blocks.  I used scraps from one of my Swoon blocks for rosebud.  I thought there would have been more contrast but the floral print had a bit more green in it than I anticipated.  The snowball block was a no-brainer for this week considering we are overcome with snow.

I spent the day sewing.  Yep, another snow day for me!  Oh, man, I feel pretty spoiled.  I did, however, make 2 trips to school today to check on things.  Sadly, my school has some frozen and burst pipes that our trusty maintenance people are busy fixing as we speak.  Maybe I will have to make a giant quilt to wrap my whole school up in.  He he he!  It has just been too darn cold for us west coasties.

Have a super day.  Apparently, we have more nasty weather coming overnight.  Good grief!

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is going to be one seriously gorgeous quilt! Loving the colours. not good news about broken pipes but I guess that is something you have to be prepared for. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete