Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Another one in the works...


When I was at our quilt guild meeting, there was a fair bit of talk about garment sewing.  More people seem to be making clothes!  And some people have been inspired by the Great British Sewing Bee.  I caught a few of the episodes on YouTube and it was most entertaining, I have to say.  So that is all to say that... I am working on another scrub top for daughter.  This one is in this fabulous purple from the Simply Color line for Moda.  So much fun!  I have another one ready to cut out too.  Somebody has a birthday coming up.

School is winding up and the busy crazy time continues.  I am starting to dream of calm sewing days ahead this summer but for now, sewing is taking quite a back burner.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced for Work in Progress Wednesday!

5 comments:

  1. Lucky daughter! The scrubs you sew for her are super! I am sure she really stands out at work with these unique and fashionable tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Cathy...beautiful fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you make these scrub tops for her. :)

    Do you mind if I ask what kind of sewing machine you have since you sew clothing and quilt as well? I am in the market for a new machine, and I would like to have something multi-purpose. I want to learn to sew some clothing for myself (and future hoped-for grandchildren) and I also enjoy quilting. I am at a loss about machines.

    thanks much! love your blog, btw. :)

    Nita

    ReplyDelete