Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Work In Progress Wednesday on Tuesday




These are my Lucky Stars BOM blocks on the barn wall.  It was nice to see them altogether.  I was on the fence about the more subdued block in the middle but I think it works in the whole grand scheme of things, especially if I make another block with a bit of the lighter mauve in it.  I do think they are coming together nicely.

Other than that I have been making some more depression blocks in my black and white tv theme for my month of That Stash Bee.  I have also been receiving blocks in the mail which is a heck of a lot of fun.  I have almost all of them in my hot little hands and on the design wall but I need to make enough for a good size quilt.

Sign ups are happening for the Modern Scrappy Bits Swap on Flickr.  Round 4 people!  Sign up!

I also made a mini quilt for the Modern Mini Challenge at Ellison Lane Quilts.  But that is for tomorrow!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced and the Needle and Thread Network for Canadian bloggers.


22 comments:

  1. They look great, Cathy! I'm falling behind but hope to get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purdy Purdy star blocks Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love them hanging on that rustic barn wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your star blocks are wonderful! Great pics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those blocks are looking awesome! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like the text fabric you used as a background in some of your star blocks. And they look great on the barn- nice setting for a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color scheme of your Lucky Stars! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow and wow. These are the dog's bollocks. (That's a compliment btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blocks!! And a perfect weathered wood backdrop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice june block looks great finished

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, you are a very talented, and busy lady. I bumped into a friend of yours Carla in Kamloops, who said to say hello. So here is a big HELLO from her to you. Your blocks are way too perfect for me to try them (lots of sharp points). See yah soon. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, those blocks are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORgeous Lucky Stars blocks!! I just posted mine too on my blog yesterday:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blocks are lovely ! Wonderful stars :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, lovely blocks, such a wonderful colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stars have always been my favourite kind of blocks but often are the most difficult to piece. You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. those are some great stars
    it will be a stunning quilt when finished I am sure
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely stars. I think the more subdues one provides a nice counterpoint and allows each to shine, while working as a whole too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, they look so awesome on point, love them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. They're stunning all together - and I agree with Elizabeth; on point!!

    ReplyDelete