Monday, November 18, 2013

And what I made..



And this is what I made for swapping with  Cynthia.  I used lots of Anna Maria Horner scraps along with some other saturated scraps-Negley, Fassett and the like.  I think some of my infamous turnip fabric even wound up in there.  Sure it did, right on the bottom right.  I used some scraps of linen to frame it all in and lots of straight line quilting in a really lovely gold beige Aurifil 40 wt.  Perfect with the linen!  Measuring about 16" by 22", I think it is a nice table mat size.  The binding is a remnant that my daughter picked up for me in Oregon.

Done and delivered at guild last week along with scraps a some rope.  Yep.  Rope.  Cynthia makes simply awesome fabric baskets with the rope and I decided that it was better being used at her house than sitting in a bin at my house.

Have a super rest of your day!


7 comments:

  1. So bright and pretty! I love the straight line quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


  3. 2.
    DominiqueNovember 18, 2013 at 5:11 PM

    Lovely mini. The neutral really sets off the bright colours. I landed here via Winding Bobbins and the Blogathon, I am glad I did, I had been here before (and drooled over your stash), and now, I am a follower. I love what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from Blogathon Canada. I LOVE this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Cathy! I love the bright scrappy look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it!! And all the the yummy scraps! thank you so much again for swapping with me!! I have to blog all about it- I'm on it this week!! :D I am making your table runner too, I love it!

    ReplyDelete