Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday: Bee Blocks for Toni


It is November in That Stash Bee and that means Toni gets to call the shots.  Toni asked for a 15" crown of thorns block.  And she had some lovely inspiration for the colours so I got busy on Sunday and made 2 of them.  They are already winging their way to the US as we speak.

And with these blocks finished, that means we have completed an entire year in the bee and it was really delightful!  Thanks to Toni, we are ready to roll for round 2 in January.

Other than bee blocks, I checked my Modern Scrappy Bits quilt as you go project off the list and it too, is in the mail but for the first time ever, I forgot pictures!  Argh!

I am off on a conference for a few days but will be back in time to spend Saturday at a sew in with the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild!  So much fun!  Darlene brings great coffee and we have three possible make and takes ready to roll for those who are so inclined.  My Wonky Star table runner is one of the three so I have been busy writing up the instructions.  I will post that next week!  Here is an in progress shot of the table runner just for fun.


I also started some Christmas makes but those will have to wait for show and tell!

Have a wonderful Wednesday!  Linking up with the Needle and Thread Network and Lee at Freshly Pieced for work in progress Wednesday..

8 comments:

  1. fabulous bee blocks and a really pretty table runner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, those blocks are perfect! Love the fabrics you used. Thank you so much! I am pretty jealous of your sew-in, too. I may just have to have one of my own and make a table runner like yours! That would be perfect for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love those bee blocks, great color! And the table runner is going to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bee blocks and stars!

    ReplyDelete