Sunday, November 17, 2013

Swap-tastic!



Well. I have some pretty awesome quilt guild buddies at the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild and Cynthia is definitely one of them.  Cynthia is a fabric designer for Robert Kaufman and is also the creative genius and publisher of Made In Magazine.  Cynthia and I decided to do a little private scrappy swap.  We each made a table mat and we super sized the scraps to a yard plus.  Cynthia made the awesome hexi mat for me and she has a tutorial on her blog for a mini version if you want to check it out.


Awesome Cynthia made label!

And then the scrap goodness!  Cynthia made sure to add several bits of her own fabric designs including this stitching one which is apparently found at Jo-Anns as we speak.


Eep!  Heather Ross mermaids!!!!!!!


And some of Cynthia's Retro Christmas line which is available now!  I love it!!!!!!
Swapping is so much fun!  It is so much fun that I mailed my Modern Scrappy Bits Swap Round 5 package today without taking any pictures!!!!  How can this be!!!!

Anyway... thanks Cynthia for swapping with me.  I have already used some of your scraps!


8 comments:

  1. Lucky you, Cathy! What a wonderful table mat, and oh, those scraps. I LOVE sewing with other people's scraps! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it other people's scraps always seem better than ours? I love what she did for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! And thank you so much for swapping with me!! I still need to blog all the awesome treasures you gave me heehee!! MadeIn goes live today then it's back to normal sewing and blogging- whew! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilt mail/squishies, they are the best mail. Visiting via Sew Sisters Blogathon. ps. I have a blogathon contest on my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to meet our Canadian quilters. Thanks. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I saw that stitchy fabric at Joann's and thought it was great, no wonder! :)

    ReplyDelete